Building a custom home in Orlando or the surrounding areas is very exciting. The home design process can become quite overwhelming, but that’s where we can help. We have the experience necessary to help you make the difficult decisions and create a home that you can be proud of. Here are 10 tips that will help you on your journey to a new custom home.
- Work with an Experienced Builder: Nothing is more valuable than experience when it comes to home design and building. The more experience your builder has the better.
- Don’t Compromise on Quality: Amazing things happen when you trust an experienced builder with high-quality materials. Always keep in mind that high-quality materials help turn out a high-quality build.
- Plan, Plan, and Plan More: The more planning that goes into the project, the smoother it will progress. Work out a comprehensive project plan before the first shovel of dirt is turned.
- Order Custom Components Early: Customization is one of the most beautiful parts of building a custom home. Order all of your custom components such as cabinetry, shelving, tile, and trim as early as possible so they’re ready when we need them.
- Double Your Perceived Storage Needs: Everyone collects stuff. Include oversized closets in the build or include an entire storage room complete with custom organization.
- Customize Everything: You’re probably already planning custom cabinets, but don’t stop there. Customize everything in every room from the ceiling to the floor.
- Keep Safety in Mind: Choose doors and windows with safety in mind. Steel doors are among some of the loveliest and safest doors you can purchase for entry doors.
- Add Smart Home Elements: Control as much of your life from your smartphone as possible. You’ll be amazed at how much time it frees up if you can start your crockpot while you’re waiting in the car lane to pick up the kids from school or turn the thermostat down while you’re in town so your home is nice and cool by the time you arrive on an extra-hot day.
- Splurge Wisely: A custom home automatically comes with a larger price tag than a production home. Don’t be afraid of sticker shock; just plan accordingly for things you consider must-haves.
- Think Outside the Wooden Box: Traditional stick-built custom homes are pretty amazing, but you can save roughly 20% on the structure and labor with a prefabricated steel home. They’re just as customizable with a little less cost – which leaves you more room to splurge a little more on important parts.
Custom home design requires a lot of planning. The builders and project planners here at CMS Bush can help you from start to finish. Give us a call to discuss how we can help you design and build your custom home in Orlando or the surrounding areas.