Outline of Project Close Out Procedures
Punch List Reporting
Prior to final payment or release of retainage for any subcontractor, the GC will conduct a final Punch List Walk-Through which includes flagging and reporting any deficient work. We will document any work that is non-conforming to the contract specifications, incomplete or incorrect installations, or incidental damage caused by the GC or the subcontractors.
The Punch-List includes detailed description and photos of any deficient work, organized by the trade subcontractor responsible for correcting the deficient work. This list is distributed to the relevant parties and corrective actions are taken.
Subcontractors will be required to acknowledge and sign off on receipt of the Punch List and agree to resolve any deficient work within their scope. The Punch List is not considered resolved until the Owner reviews the corrected work and signs off on each item respectively. During the punch-out process there are often disagreements regarding responsibility of the costs of the deficient work, which may affect the work of multiple trades. We will mitigate these conflicts and negotiate appropriate terms of responsibility with the respective subcontractors.
As a construction project nears completion, we begin to compile an Operational Warranty Manual. The Operational Warranty Manual will be delivered after completion of all Punch List work and receipt of final payment. This document will be delivered digitally and in print, and includes the following items:
- A list of all subcontractors that worked on the project with contact information and area of scope. This list is used for any subsequent warranty claims that may arise.
- Copies of all issued RFI’s and responses.
- Copies of all final, approved submittal packages, organized by trade, including operations manuals, installation instructions, and product specifications.
- For Record Construction Drawings and Shop Drawings, reflecting the latest revisions to the construction documents.
- Final Lien Waivers for all Subcontractors and the GC.
- Certificates of Substantial and Final Completion
- Certificate of Occupancy.