Any business that needs factory space will identify some key factors before the project goes to the drawing board. Whether you are renting space or building a factory, you will be looking for a reasonable return on your investment. Many companies are seeing the many advantages offered by steel buildings and this sector continues to see increasing demand.
- Extensive floor span. A factory floor with too many columns can be a hindrance. It limits the layout options and it can make the space unsuitable for large pieces of machinery. Steel buildings are known for the minimal use of columns, providing extensive floor space and increasing flexibility.
- Building strength. One of the concerns of any business is being prepared for damage due to harsh weather. Steel is the strongest building material available today, which makes it a good investment.
- Lower insurance premiums. Steel is not only strong enough to stand up to harsh weather, it is fire resistant. A wooden building or a building with a wooden frame can burn quickly and cause extensive losses. This fire resistance helps to lower the risk, so insurance companies will offer lower premiums to cover them.
- Sort construction time. Construction projects can be lengthy, and there can be any number of delays before the work is finished. This is not a concern with steel buildings as they are created based on specific plans. The sections are created separately for later assembly at the site. This provides quicker access to the factory space for the company to start operations and start earning revenue. These projects also save on labor costs.
- Low maintenance. A steel building can help owners to save a lot of money during its lifetime. You will never have to worry about insect infestation or the growth of mold. These are issues that are common with wood buildings and dealing with them can be costly, causing a drain on resources.
- Reducing the carbon footprint. Many companies are looking for ways to take an environmentally friendly stance. Using alternative energy sources is one way, and another is to put up a steel building. The components are usually made from mostly recycled materials. Furthermore, the material can be recycled as many times as necessary.
A steel building is suitable for any type of factory, and it can be fitted with a number of accessories for style and functionality. Call us at 407-316-8544 to discuss ways to implement a steel building during your upcoming construction project in the Orlando area or in other areas of central Florida. You will likely discover what many other area business owners and managers have – steel buildings are easily customizable, expandable, and an excellent investment.